Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'm trying to think of some new RSStB skits. I want to have a bank of skit ideas in a text file so that Marissa and I don't have to think of an idea five minutes before we shoot. I downloaded a handful of albums for inspiration. When we first started RSStB, I came up with most of the ideas while listening to music. Not so much the case anymore.

Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles II - I don't like Crystal Castle songs with singing, or at least the ones where you can make out the vocals, as much as songs like this...


CYNE - Yikes. Corny. These guys give me a Jurassic 5 vibe and it creeps me out. Are they Christian rappers? Jesus Christ, the more I listen to this, the more I think it belongs in the "Christian" genre. In high school, I got into a group called Mood for a second but then I figured out they were basically Christian rap and I got disillusioned and I didn't trust myself for a while.


Raekwon - Shaolin Vs. Wu Tang - What is with Lloyd Banks' voice on the track "Last Trip to Scotland"? That song's got one of the best beats on the album and Rae's flow is good but Lloyd Banks sounds like a cartoon character. I guess he's trying something new since his old schtick doesn't work anymore. He even stumbles through his lyrics. Fucking more embarrassing than CYNE. Banks ruins the track just like he helped ruin East Coast rap in the last decade.


Rick Ross - Teflon Don - I will never listen to this bullshit.

Tyler, the Creator - Bastard - Notice how over the past few years there are all these indie rock (or, as it's called now, "hipster", or "emo") rappers? Tyler, the Creator is weird because Lady GaGa made weird popular again, which I suppose is a good thing, because it's been a while since David Bowie. Music got terrible in the 90s and proceeded downhill until the last decade ended with Taylor Swift becoming popular. I think terrible music is obvious music and good music is weird music. I don't know if Tyler, the Creator is really that weird, but at least he tries. I like his video for Goblin, but did he really have to take his shirt off? I thought he's trying to do something different. What do real rappers think of this music?


Wavves - King of the Beach - Hey, he turned down the distortion. I don't like it anymore.


Wiz Khalifa - Flight School - Like everything else on the radio. Actually, it's like Kanye (even his name).

Finally, these two songs sound similar to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment